How can you increase your laptop battery life? Buying replacement batteries for your laptop can be expensive, although it would depend on which manufacturer you bought it from. Where you buy it from can also make a huge difference in the cost of the battery. Needless to say, you would not want to reach the point wherein you will have to spend lots of money on a new battery.
Thankfully, you can now do something about it. There are ways for you to increase the battery life of your laptop and be able to increase your productivity level. To help you get started, here are some of the essential tips you should keep in mind when using or caring for your laptop:
- Lower the screen’s brightness level. This is the most basic step you can take in order to minimize the amount of power usage on your laptop while using it. There are corresponding functions on your laptop that will enable you to set the computer screen brightness. When you lower the brightness level down, you will be using up lesser amount of power to operate it.
- Minimizing the amount of programs you use. You need to learn how to organize your priorities, as far as your tasks are concerned. Avoid using too many programs at once because the higher the number of programs that your laptop has to run, the more power your laptop requires in order to accommodate all of the work it is being put through.
- Do not connect to the internet. Going online can add up to the battery usage of your battery, thus causing it to shut down a lot quicker than if you are only working offline. Various activities contribute to the wear on your laptop’s battery life, such as active browsing, connection and monitoring of internet connectivity, among others. Make sure that you turn off your internet connectivity when not in use so you can stretch the lifespan of your laptop batteries.
- Always use your battery. Although experts recommend that you should be smart when using your laptop so it consumes minimal power. However, it is also important to give your batteries some exercise. Do not leave it uncharged for over a week or two in order to restore normal function.
- Be sure to turned off your computer when not in use. This is a very basic tip that you should keep in mind if you want to increase your laptop’s battery life. However, many are guilty of this common mistake. There is a “Power Saving” mode option available but this must be used only on emergency situations wherein you will be away from your laptop for a few minutes. And yet, some users have utilized this particular mode simply because they do not like to go through the hassle of turning their laptops on and off as it could take a while.
Always bear in mind the tips listed above. If you want to save money in the long run, you have to be serious about the process of optimizing your laptop battery life. You can therefore start with the above recommendations.