Tips and tricks for maximizing your use of the iPhone. Apple’s iPhone is well renowned in the mobile phone and electronics consumer industry for its breakthrough features. This is how the iPhone has established its reputation as a popular mobile device, despite stiff levels of competition in the market with various manufacturers continually producing technologically advanced devices. If you want to maximize the features and benefits of using your iPhone device, it is important that you are aware of a few basic tricks.
Here are some of the basic iPhone tips and tricks that you need to know in order to exploit its features:
- When browsing your favorite website through the iPhone, search for the plus sign (+) located at the bottom of the screen. Tap that sign and you will be prompted to “Add Bookmark”. Tap on the “Add to Home Screen” option and the site will automatically create its own icon. Use that icon for accessing your favorite site in the future to make browsing easier and faster.
- When typing on the iPhone’s keyboard, hold the key for a while and it will show you an alternate character that you can use. Explore the alternate characters for each option in the keypad to make typing easier in the future.
- Tap the spacebar on your screen once you are finished typing a sentence. This will cause the device to automatically place a period instead of searching for it on the symbols column. The first letter of the first word on the next sentence will be automatically capitalized in the process.
- By double tapping a word as you are typing on your keyboard, you can highlight a group of words or an entire phrase you are typing. When you tap it once again, it will allow you to cut, copy, or paste those group of words. In case you want to undo what you just did, simply shake your device and click the Undo button.
- The Google app on the Apple iPhone also provides you with a few tricks. For example, you can hold the .com button so you can quickly visit other domains, such as .net, .org, etc.
- You do not have to type in the entire URL for a given website when surfing the internet using your iPhone. For instance, simply type the URL directly into the address bar of your phone’s browser instead of typing www.URL.com, for instance.
- You simply have to tap the screen of your iPhone in order to capture photos or record videos using your phone. This will also cause your phone to automatically adjust the focus and balance to ensure quality results in your shots.
- You can easily bring up the zoom slider on your iPhone by simply tapping the camera to activate it. Then, you must drag the slider onto the right in order to zoom it up to 5 times. If you want to lower the zooming capacity, you must drag it to the left side.
These are just some of the basic tips and tricks that you can do with your iPhone. Learn to explore its features so you can uncover more efficient ways to benefit from its use.